The North American Power Sweeping Association (NAPSA) is a nonprofit association made up of 300+ contract sweepers, service providers and sweeping equipment dealers, manufacturers and suppliers. NAPSA is dedicated to providing beneficial support to the membership and enhancing services to the sweeping industry.
The members of NAPSA are committed to promoting and educating the power sweeping community while enhancing the environment.
Use our state contractor locator tool to find sweeping contractors by state.
In 1979 the National Contract Sweepers Association NCSA had their first meeting in Atlanta at the APWA show. This was after many months of regional meetings to get the new organization off the ground. The late Jim Mills was our first director. NewSweep was born and during the first two years over 50,000 issues were distributed to the sweepers, municipalities and shopping center owners and managers. We knew at that time, for the association to continue to grow, we either needed to hire a full time manager or join a larger group to share the overhead.
1985-1995: National Solid Waste Management Association provided general educational and informational support for contract sweepers. This relationship was terminated in 1995 as a result of funding restrictions by NSWMA.
1995-2000: CSI (Contract Sweepers Institute) under APWA (American Public Works Association) formed to address sweeping industry concerns and needs. CSI assisted with basic needs and goals, promotion and advancement of the contract sweeping industry.
October 2000: NAPSA moved away from CSI to develop a self-supporting association and structure dedicated to meeting the specific needs of contract sweepers and their associates, provide full-time support for members and handle benefit program, liaison functions and facilitate industry enhancement.
When NAPSA was first introduced to the sweeping industry in October of 2000, the Founding and Inaugural Members had high expectations for the sweeping industry’s association. Since that time our membership has grown steadily each year and we look to the future with much anticipation.
NAPSA Founding Members
- Kerry Armstrong – Armstrong Sweeping
- Mark Carter – Bill’s Sweeping Service
- Gabriel Vitale – C&L Sweeping Service Corp
- Tom and Kathie Cowman – Dayton, Ohio
- Tom Ostuni – Mohawk Sweeping Corporation
- Michael Lucht – Progressive Sweeping Contractors
- Patrick Reilly – Reilly Sweeping
- Bob Hammond – Superior Sweeping
- Tom Rice – Sweeping Corporation of America
- John Dubbioso – Three D Industrial Maintenance Corporation
- Scott Cerosky – Contract Sweepers Insurance
- Raymond Confer – C & J Parking Lot Sweeping, Inc.
- Gale Holsman – American Sweeping, Inc.
- Gerald Kesselring – Contract Sweepers & Equipment
- Paul Munch – Meadowbrook Parking Area Contractors
- Peter DeJana – DeJana Industries, Inc.
NAPSA Inaugural Members
- Buckeye Sweeping, Inc. – Mitch Barkman
- Commercial Property Maintenance – Windell Brent
- Clean Sweep, Inc. – Warren Burge
- Sweep All, Inc. – Doyle Caffee
- Dutchess Supervac, Inc. – Richard Galdiero
- Columbus Parking Lot Maintenance – Dick & Ruth Anne Hehman
- Jacketta Sweeping Service – Debbie Jacketta
- Commercial Power Sweeping – Karl Stauty
- Tri-City Sweeping, Inc. – James Woodley